Lake Vista's recommended Outdoor Activities in Queenstown New Zealand:
A selection of the best outdoor adventures in and around the Queenstown area.
Here at Lake Vista Bed and Breakfast we are accredited tour booking agents and are able to book any of the following outdoor activities Queenstown and surrounding areas have to offer you.
Just click on the links below to be taken to our individual pages relating to each activity. Study carefully and plan your time with us. A lot of these outdoor activities take in filming sites from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In fact The Lord of the Rings filming was probably the biggest thing to ever happen in this area.
Many of these outdoor adventures can also be booked as "Combos" thereby saving valuable time.
Activity Combos provided by various operators in Queenstown can be options of helicopter scenic flights, jet boats, scenic flights, bungy jumping, river surfing, river rafting, canyon swing, mountain biking, skydiving, Skyline gondola & luge, etc. Combos are designed for all levels of adventure offering clients better value and improved use of their time. Most " Combos" are mixtures of 3 or 4 (Maximum) activities for the one all-up price. We can advise and give you more detailed information on these when you arrive.
Lake Vista Bed & Breakfast are accredited tour booking agents so can handle any tour bookings you would like made. This is a complimentary service. Go ahead, check out some of the following outdoor activities around here and plan your time better with us.
- Dart River Jets & Funyaks: Jet Boats and Canadian style Kayaks. Travel through Paradise, site of much filming of Lord of the Rings movie deep into the Mt. Aspiring National Park.
- Milford Sound Scenic Flights: A visit to this magnificent part of the world is not complete without a trip to Milford Sound. Experience the eighth wonder of the world from the air.
- Milford Sound Red Boats: Experience the eighth wonder of the world from the water. Then Red Boats make several trips daily through Milford Sound.
- Arrowtown: Famous old town from the Gold Rush days. Only a fifteen minute drive from Queenstown. Well worth a visit.
- Kingston Flyer: One of the last operating Steam Trains in New Zealand. Runs twice daily from Kingston to Fairlight from beginning of October till end April.
- TSS Earnslaw: Famous Coal Burning Steam Ship TSS Earnslaw sails Lake Wakatipu daily. She has been sailing on Lake Wakatipu since 1912.
- Kawarau Jet Boats: The worlds' first commercial Jet Boats started right here in Queenstown.
- Skydiving: See Queenstown and the surrounding area from a different perspective by Skydiving.
- Skiing - Queenstown : Two great ski fields within short driving distance from town. Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
- Skiing - Cardrona: Another great ski field slightly further away, (approximately an hours drive). Dry snow - superb skiing.
- Golfing: Golfing is available at several local Golf courses.
- Wineries: Central Otago & Queenstown now have World Class Wineries - Check them out.
- Guided Walks: Milford Track, Routeburn, Hollyford, Kepler, Greenstone Valley, Caples and more. All trips leave from town.
- Shotover Jet Boats: Real adrenalin pumping action. The world's most exciting Jet Boat ride on the Shotover River.
- Paragliding: Fabulous fun. Experience of a lifetime!
- Bungy Jumping: Queenstown - New Zealand, the home of Bungy Jumping. AJ Hackett was the first in the world to start Bungy Jumping.
- 4 W Drive Adventures: See Skippers Canyon, Macetown, plus many other areas where Lord of the Rings filming took place.
- River Rafting activities: White water River rafting on both the Kawarau & Shotover Rivers.
- Canyon Swing: Try the world's highest swing above the famous Shotover River.
- Glenorchy: Glenorchy, situated 45 minutes from Lake Vista, it is the entrance to the Dart & Rees Rivers, Tramping, Horse riding etc.
- Queenstown Wine Trail: Wine tours around the Wakatipu basin wineries.
- Via Ferrata: One of the newer action adventures in town. The only Via Ferrata in the Southern Hemisphere. A beginners guide to Rock Climbing.
- Doubtful Sound: Join Real Journeys on a tour to the pristine wilderness that is Doubtful Sound or stay overnight on the Fiordland Navigator.
- Manapouri Power Station: Part of Real Journeys tour to Doubtful Sound includes a tour though the very unique underground Power Station at West Arm
- Cross Country Skiing: Snow Farm is the only cross country skiing area in New Zealand.